Things to Consider When Reviewing Your Project:
- Type of area you are doing.
- Existing floor coverings you have now.
- What type of floor will the new material have to be applied to.
Type of Material You Want to Install:
- When considering the material you want to install, prices can vary. Ceramic tile or porcelain tile pricing will be in a basic standard range. Meanwhile, marble and stone tiles will be higher in pricing as it involves further detail and precision.
- Consider the type(s) of patterns you are interested in. Diagonal, special designs, or insets all involve more labor and will require an additional charge.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask your contractor while they review your project.
- Upon acceptance of a quote, be sure to have it in writing.
- Licensed contractors can be verified by calling the contractor's board in your state or by going online and visiting the Business Registration Division (BREG) for Hawaii and the State Contractors Board for Nevada websites.
Here are additional resources and tips from around the web:
View the latest trends in tile and stone...
Check out these top 7 tips for your next bathroom project.
Have a kitchen project? Be sure to consider these tips!
Not sure which type of tile you are looking for? Here's some information on different types of tiles and their best uses.
Get the basics on tile floor cleaning to help you maintain your tiles.